The magnetic field lines are concentric circles at every point of a current carrying circular loop. The direction of magnetic field of every section of the circular loop can be found by using the right hand thumb rule.
- At the centre of the circular loop, The magnetic field lines are straight.
- Each segment of circular loop carrying current produces magnetic field lines in the same direction with in the loop.
- The direction of magnetic field at the centre of circular coil is perpendicular to the place of the coil. i.e. along the axis of the coil.
Factors affecting the strength of magnetic field
1. The magnitude of magnetic field is directly proportional to the magnitude of current through the loop. i.e. B∝I.
2. The magnitude of magnetic field is inversely proportional to the radius of the circular loop. i.e. B∝1/r.